Saturday, April 18, 2009

How do you do?

Well, we made it to the great Northwest. If any of you have been following my life as it relates to FLR, I am a member of a website called, She Makes The Rules. Joe and I are at the place we are at today because of this website. It has served as my compass and teacher. I really feel a connection with that community, especially the woman who run and moderate the site. I felt so strongly, that I was determined to go North and meet these women. As I stated earlier, I love seeing the "real" person and making connections.

Well, we are here in Portland to meet with these women and it has been phenomenal. I highly recommend getting out there and meeting with members. Jump in your car, train, or plane and go to a Tea. We have met quite a few members of the SMTR website and we have not been disappointed yet. This is even more involved. Everyone has been so much fun to get to know. I have definitely exercised my "laugh muscle" since I have been here. Not everyone does things or sees things the same way we do, but that is interesting in itself. I have really enjoyed just watching, listening and participating with the group.

It is hard to believe how everyone has come together from different cities and we all just have a really good time. The experience has been very personal for Joe and I , so I do not feel the need to share details. It's not about kink (even though there is some of that), it is not about watching how others interact (although I enjoy that too), it is about real, everyday people enjoying each other's company, humor, and selves. I do not even feel the need to visit any tourist destinations while I am here. The people brought us to the city and by gosh, they are a destination in themselves. I will cherish this time, this experience for a long time, and it is only half over.

Okay, enough with the schmaltz, I think you get the point.

8 comments:

  1. Who you calling a schmaltz? Got pretty pics coming your way soonest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sup woman!!! he he he. Wasn't the weekend fun? I can't wait until we have the chance to do it again...and again...and again...LOL

    rock on!!

    EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I just stumbled onto your blog We are just new to the lifestyle and having a wonderfull time learning. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I have comments. Awesome.

    I am up for convo in these comments area. I didn't even check until today 4/28, because I did not know anyone was following.

    I'll try to post soon
    Q2J

    ReplyDelete
  5. we look forward to hearing/learning from you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queen2joey i love your blog. my Wife and i have lived a FLR for 3 years now and it is the best thing we have ever done. There is a learning curve but the bottom line is SHe is in charge and my role is to be Her humble, obedient servant and make Her life easier. This is done in whichever way She sees fit, not how i see fit. i look forwrad to learning more and reading your blog!!!

    sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for starting a blog. I look forward to reading it.

    What I have learned over the last six years it that the number of men who want to live as the submissive partner to a stong women is much larger than anyone would guess.

    At first I wondered can I really boss my guy around. Then I wondered if there was something wrong with him for wanting to be my servant. It took be a while, but then it came together.

    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete